TOAMGWA Governement and Legislative Affairs
TOMAGWA is further addressing the needs of our patients and communities by engaging in public policy at the local, state, and federal levels.
Our policy agenda has the following core areas:
- Expanding Healthcare Coverage - TOMAGWA supports increasing access to health care through expansion of health care coverage, especially in rural communities.
- Women's Health - TOMAGWA supports increasing access to effective prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and diseases that especially impact women.
- Advancing Telemedicine and Telehealth Services - TOMAGWA supports increasing access to telemedicine as telemedicine allows patients to meet with their providers over the internet, reducing major barriers to care such as transportation and cost.
- Decreasing Barriers to Health - TOMAGWA supports policies aimed at the social determinants of health, the economic and social conditions that influence individual and group differences in health status.
- Chronic Illness and Disease Management in Under Served Communities - TOMAGWA supports increasing access to effective prevention, diagnosis and treatment of chronic illnesses and diseases most common in underserved communities.
- Healthcare Workforce in Rural Communities - TOMAGWA supports improving the health care workforce in rural communities such as the Physician Education Loan Repayment Program.